Cookies are small strings of text (letters or numbers) that allow a web server to memorise browser information that can be used during the same session (session cookies) or at a later stage, even days later (persistent cookies). Cookies are memorised in accordance with the user settings by the individual browser on the device being used (computer, tablet, smartphone).
H.0.0.2 TYPES OF COOKIES
There are different categories of cookies and each has its own characteristics and uses:
- Technical cookies: this type of cookie is essential for a website to function properly and they are only used to the extent required for the transmission of communications over an electronic communication network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the supplier of an information service explicitly requested by the subscriber or by the user to supply that service;
- Analytical cookies: this type of cookie is used to anonymously collect and analyse the traffic to and use of a website. Without identifying the user, they make it possible for example, to detect whether said user has subsequently accessed the website. They also make it possible to monitor the system and enhance the services and user experience. These cookies may be disabled without affecting the functioning of a website.
- Profiling cookies: these are persistent cookies used to identify (anonymously and not) user preferences and to enhance the navigation experience.
- Third-party cookies (analytical and/or profiling): these are generated by companies other than the actual website and integrated into a website’s pages, for example Google widgets (such as Google Maps) or social plugins (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.). The management of information that is collected by a “third party” is regulated by the relevant privacy statement, which you are requested to read. For ease of reference, they are indicated in the links set out below.
H.0.0.3 TYPES OF COOKIES USED
The Website uses the following type of cookies:
- Session cookies: used only for the purpose of authenticating a User.
- Third-party analytical cookies: Google Analytics, a web traffic analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”), which makes it possible to access and analyse detailed statistics on website visitors. The Google Analytics service has been designed to use pre-anonymised data so as to conceal the last part of the visitor’s IP address. For further information, please see https://www.google.it/policies/privacy/partners/. Users may disable Google Analytics by installing on their browser the opt-out add-on tool provided by Google (please see https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout)
Some cookies (called session cookies) remain active until a user closes their browser. Other cookies (called persistent cookies) “survive” the closure of the browser and are available in subsequent user visits. Their duration is set by the server when they are created: in some cases, there is a set expiry date whereas in other cases their duration is unlimited. However, they may always be deleted using browser settings. The majority of the cookies we use are persistent and expire 2 years from the date when they are downloaded onto the Visitor’s device.
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Gestione%20dei%20cookie
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/it/cookies.html
- Safari for Mac: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=it_IT&locale=it_IT
- Safari for iOS: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=it_IT